The Vice-Chancellor's Social Innovation Challenge
HOW CAN YOUR IDEA FOR “IMAGINE A NEW AFRICA”:
- Nurture necessity to innovate meaningful products, services, and systems that are more efficient, inclusive, affordable and impactful for everyone?
- Adapt and modify, mash-up and swap, everyday low-tech into everyday high-tech – or the other way around?
- Create more sustainable markets to spread opportunity and generate new revenue streams?
- Help level the playing field, and create a Continent that is not measured by GDP alone?
- Be ‘reverse engineered’ to serve both developed and emerging countries alike?
Pitch your ideas for “Imagine a New Africa” by Monday 7 September 2015 on Thundafund.com/uctupstarts & showcase them at our Cool Campus Expo from 7-11 Sept.
Teams that merge passion, purpose and profit to create the most compelling, innovative and socially impactful ideas, will be interviewed and short-listed for our Epic ‘Idea Auction’ on 30 September 2015.
HOW IT WORKS
20 Weeks. 1 Challenge. 1000’s of Upstarts. A whole new university experience!
- Register your UCT Upstarts multi-disciplinary team (2-6 people) on or before “WEEK 4: Radical Collaboration (March 9-13)
- Watch “IMAGINE A NEW AFRICA”
- Check out the 2015 Calendar for the year’s Pop-up Social Innovation Curriculum
- Connect @ the UCT Upstarts Pop-Up Hub for Mindblowing Mondays & Workshop Wednesdays from 1-2pm (Meridian), and experience our awesome line-up of Pop-up Classes. This is where the world comes to you – and where you get to change the world!
- Hangout on Fridays (1-2pm) for your weekly Team Meet-up on the Upstarts’ Virtual Hub https://sites.google.com/a/groveis.com/uct-upstarts-resource-site/home which will give you weekly guidance and action tips along your start-up journey and problem-solving process.