TIPS & ACTIONS : Week 10
Purpose with Profit
“FUCK BUSINESS WITHOUT CULTURE” – Legendary Quote at Kaospilot in Aarhus, Denmark.
Tips from Kaospilot:
- Remember that only things that truly serve a need of social value is what will make money. It’s important to also test your business model on your target group – ie: what specific thing do they think is OK for you to monetize your project and make it sustainable in the economic sense.
- Design-thinking is a mindset and framework with simple, hands-on tools. It will always help you move your project, such as a social enterprise, with what the target group is in need of. It enables you to test your assumptions and get user-driven insights – which is the key to generating a successful service or product.
- Any of the tools, such as Gameplan and Double Diamond can be simplified and used for any situation. Whether you manage a multi-million Rand business project starting your social enterprise, to making sure that your research report is supporting you, to shaping that hypothesis to hitting your target – these dynamic tools in your toolbox will benefit. The important thing is to zoom-out, to get an overview as it is the simplest way we humans communicate.
- Are you interested in visiting KAOSPILOT creative office space in Woodstock? Get some feedback on your project, or social enterprise, or meet social entrepreneurs or just see how a learning space can be different from the conventional classroom? Contact UCT Upstarts and we can arrange an exchange visit before Kaospilot Outpost 2015 shuts down in the start of June.
- If you’re curious about Kaospilot but cannot attend an exchange visit before June you are welcome to check out http://kaospilots.ch and http://kaospilot.dk – where creative leaders, social entrepreneurs and change makers go to school!
- Follow https://twitter.com/KPCPT or https://twitter.com/kaospilots to see what students are up to! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaospilotsswitzerland https://www.facebook.com/KaosPilots
- Double Diamond Explanation: http://innovationenglish.blogs.ku.dk/model/double-diamond-2/
- Double Diamond (CC-BY-NC-ND license): http://is.gd/SH3pOo
- Gameplan: http://is.gd/L412q6
- Gameplan Variation: http://is.gd/NB0qF5
- Gamestorming Toolbox Resource Wiki: http://www.gamestorming.com/
- Talking Stick: Video of Steven Covey (author of Seven Habits of Highly Successful People) talking about power of the tool http://is.gd/a09zAm
- I DO ART for Meetings & Ideation: https://openideo.com/challenge/web-start-up/inspiration/i-do-art-a-framework-for-idea-development
- I DO ART MEETING EXAMPLE: above
Set frames for future work and kick off the discover phase!
DESIRED OUTCOME /
Make sense of deliverables, divide up into groups with passion and start working.
- 9.30 Check-in
- 10.00 Quick recap from Monday meeting
- 10.10 Deliverables + e-mail from xyz
- 10. 40 Divide into groups of passion
- 10.50 “Contract” on how to work – new structure of the group work
- 11.10 Tools to use if you want
- 15.00 Meet up – where are we? Do you need help?
- Remember guidance
- Evaluation on 6th of May? – Get back to xyz
- 15.30 Check-out
9.30 – 16.00
Eg: Jack & Jill are facilitating